But first! Let’s take a look at what some brilliant folks have said about laughter, positivity and happiness.
- This being human is a guest house. Every morning is a new arrival. A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor …Welcome and entertain them all. Treat each guest honorably. The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in. Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond. ~ Rumi
- Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts. ~ Paramahansa Yogananda
- Our happiness depends on the habit of mind we cultivate. So practice happy thinking every day. Cultivate the merry heart, develop the happiness habit, and life will become a continual feast. ~ Norman Vincent Peale
- Only by our positive thinking, by our bringing the positive qualities of others to the fore, will this world be able to make progress. ~ Sri Chinmoy
Habits to Cultivate Lightness
- When life throws you a rotten curve, smile; and then hunch your shoulders up to your head, extend both arms in front of you with your palms up and say, “Oh well!” There are few problems that have truly monumental consequences.
- Take a closer look at an unfortunate situation and remember that you attracted this situation for a very good reason. Ask yourself, “What am I learning here?”
- Remember to just do your best everyday and be content about it.
- Choose friends who are positive yet realistic about life. Friends who are positive about life, who laugh with you and at themselves, have self-confidence. They bring joy and energy into your life. Welcome more of them in!
- Start your day with a laugh! Humour is the medicine of life. It keeps us physically, mentally, and emotionally healthy. There is nothing more refreshing and tension-breaking than a good, hearty laugh. Request Lorraine’s Smiles & Chuckles at email@example.com . They will come into your email inbox and put a smile on your face.
Some of these Funnies have Been Around
Some of these silly little funnies have been around for awhile, but they are great to laugh at again and alleviate the stress of today’s frantic moments! I believe the origin of many of these is from “30 Ways to Handle Stress”. Others, I just made up!
- Use your MasterCard to pay off your Visa. [Well, don’t really do it but the thought is a lot of fun!]
- Pop some popcorn without putting the lid on. [Doesn’t the thought of this bring out the kid in you!]
- Put your little kid’s socks over your ears and when they laugh ask, “What’s so funny!” They will laugh again!
- Forget your diet and send yourself a Candygram.
- Tell your next Client, “I’m going to climb Mt. Everest. Want to join me?” When they say, “Yes”, send them a picture of your horse named Everest. [Got it??!]
- Plant garlic upside down and see how long it takes to break through the soil!
- Dance naked in front of your pets. [It might scare them but what the heck, eh?]
- Put your toddler’s clothes on backwards and send him off to pre-school as if nothing was wrong.
- Retaliate against the government by filling out your tax form in Roman Numerals.
- Tattoo “Out-to-Lunch” on your forehead.
- Tape pictures of your boss on watermelons and launch them from high places. (Think of the stress release here!)
- Leaf through National Geographic and draw underwear on all the natives.
- Go shopping; buy everything; put the new clothes on, parade in front of the mirror to see how truly gorgeous/handsome you are; return them the next day.
- Drive to work in reverse. [It seems they already do this in some countries. Tee hee.]
- Relax by mentally reflecting on your favorite episode of “The Big Bang Theory” during that all important finance meeting.
- Turn a document upside down. Type in secret messages, click these messages to turn the colour font from back to white and ask your work colleagues to find the secret messages!
- Bill your doctor for the time spent in their waiting room.
- Stare at people through the tines of a fork and pretend they’re in jail.
- Make up a language and ask people for directions. (Can you picture Robin Williams doing this?)
- Tell your partner to come and find you in five minutes. Sit in a large laundry basket and when they find you, declare, “Well, Honey, I’m a basket case today!”
Laughter is an instant vacation. ~Milton Berle